NeoPhotonics to Showcase Lasers and Components for 400G EML and Silicon Photonics Based Data Center Links at the ECOC Exhibition
Demand for higher port density and lower cost per bit for optical connections inside the data center is driving a technology shift to single-laser (lambda) 100Gbps and 4-laser (lambda) 400Gbps using 4 level pulse amplitude modulation (PAM4). EML based solutions are preferred for longer reach, higher performance applications, and
- 53GBaud Uncooled CWDM4EML, which includes the option for integration with
NeoPhotonics'open drain driver. With an uncooled operating temperature range from 20 to 70C and the capability to operate reliably in "open-air" transceiver designs, thus eliminating hermetic enclosures, this EML is a preferred transmitter solution for PAM4 based FR4 2 km data center applications. Versions are also available at 1310 nm for DR1 and DR4 500 meter applications.
- 53GBaud Open Drain Driver (ODD) for linear operation of EML lasers. With a typical 90mW of power consumption per channel and small size, this high speed driver can be co-packaged with the EML reducing power and increasing linearity and is well suited for use in small form factor pluggable modules.
- 53GBaud PIN photodetectors. The side illumination structure of the PIN PD enables a simple coplanar assembly with a mux/demux chip and TIA and is well suited for compact modules.
- 53GBaud Transimpedance Amplifier (TIA). With low noise and a typical power consumption of 60mA over a 3.3V rail, this TIA is well suited for receiver signal amplification for up to 10km transmission.
In addition, transceiver developers have also begun deployment of Silicon Photonics based transceivers for industry standard MSAs such as CWDM4, CLR4 and PSM-4, which has led to the need for custom, high power and non-hermetic laser sources to drive these transceivers. To support this emerging Silicon Photonics eco-system,
High Power40mW and 70mW non-Hermetic CW Laser Sources for Silicon Photonics based CWDM4 FR4 and 1310nm DR1 and DR4 Applications. These efficient, high power DFB lasers can operate up to 75 deg. C and have completed the non-hermetic testing compliant with the Telcordia GR-468-CORE, making them well suited for use in non-hermetic Silicon Photonics based small form factor pluggable modules.
- 53GBaud Quad MZM drivers for Silicon Photonics modulators. This quad driver has a high 3.5Vppd output per channel and a typical 2.2W low power consumption for all four channels designed for small form factor pluggable modules. This component is also available in single driver configurations for DR1 applications.
"Our complete suite of 53GBaud Linear Optical Components provides all needed optical components for single laser 100Gbps transmitters and receivers, scalable to 400Gbps transceivers with CWDM4 wavelengths," said
In addition, at
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release includes statements that qualify as forward-looking statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including those related to industry trends and expected demand for high speed network applications. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties and are only predictions based on the company's current expectations, estimates and projections about their respective industry and business, management's beliefs, and certain assumptions made by the company, all of which are subject to change and which may differ materially from actual future events or results. The actual company results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Certain risks and uncertainties that could cause the company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements as well as other risks and uncertainties relating to the company's business, are described more fully in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/neophotonics-to-showcase-lasers-and-components-for-400g-eml-and-silicon-photonics-based-data-center-links-at-the-ecoc-exhibition-300717109.html
LouVan Communications, Inc., Michael Newsom, Mobile: +1 617-803-5385, Email: email@example.com