NeoPhotonics Announces 53 Gbaud Linear Optical Component Family for 400Gbps Data Center Applications
Cloud data centers are generating strong demand for transceiver solutions with higher port densities and lower cost per bit, which is driving the technology shift to single-lambda 100Gbps with PAM4 technology. The
The 53 Gbaud Linear Optical Component family from
- 53 Gbaud Open Drain Driver (ODD) for linear operation of EML lasers. With a typical 90mW of power consumption per channel and small size, this high speed driver is well suited for space and power efficiency in small form factor pluggable modules.
- 53 Gbaud MZM drivers for Silicon Photonics modulators. This quad driver has a high 3.5Vppd output per channel and a typical 2.2W low power consumption for all four channels designed for small form factor pluggable modules.
- 53 Gbaud CWDM4 EML, which includes the option for integration with
NeoPhotonics'open drain driver. Over the operating temperature range from 20 to 70C, this EML is a preferred transmitter solution for PAM4 for intra-datacenter applications.
- 53 Gbaud PIN photodetectors. The side illumination structure of the PIN PD enables a simple coplanar assembly with mux/demux chip and TIA well suited for compact modules.
- 53 Gbaud Transimpedance Amplifier (TIA). With low noise and a typical power consumption of 60mA over a 3.3V rail, this TIA is well suited for receiver signal amplification for up to 10km transmission.
"Our complete 53 Gbaud Linear Optical Component family, with a typical bandwidth of 35GHz for all these optical components, provides all needed optical components for single lambda 100Gbps transmitters and receivers, scalable to 400Gbps transceivers with CWDM4 wavelengths." said
Forward Looking Statements
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release includes statements that qualify as forward-looking statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including those related to industry trends and expected demand for 53 GBaud EML lasers and drivers and other high speed network applications. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties and are only predictions based on the company's current expectations, estimates and projections about their respective industry and business, management's beliefs, and certain assumptions made by the company, all of which are subject to change and which may differ materially from actual future events or results. The actual company results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Certain risks and uncertainties that could cause the company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements as well as other risks and uncertainties relating to the company's business, are described more fully in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
LouVan Communications Inc., Michael Newsom, Mobile: +1 617-803-5385, Email: email@example.com